The Polymer Competence Center Leoben GmbH (PCCL) is the partner of choice in the field of pre-competitive, industrially relevant research in the areas of plastics engineering and polymer science.
PCCL carries out pre-competitive research and development in the following five areas:
Within these areas, the PCCL adheres to the following principles:
- To build and maintain long-term research and development cooperations with appropriate companies in the plastics sector and related service industries (engineering companies, consultants etc.).
- To develop new, improved technologies for the production and use of plastics and for a new generation of plastic products for future key technologies (construction, mobility, IT, electronics, solar technologies, micro engineering etc.).
- To support, primarily, small and medium sized enterprises in the solving of scientifically demanding plastic engineering problems.
- To contribute to environmental preservation and orient R&D activities towards sustainable development.
- To train scientific and technical staff and qualified future managers.